Wednesday 30 October 2019

Day 5- On the US NAVY base


Hi Rimu! Today I was with my Grandpa at a Navy base. My Grandpa is a retired US Navy veteran so we get to go on base as his guests. They have security everywhere and salute him  all the time. He took us to a museum with old military trucks, missiles, and planes. There was a lot to play with in the At the museum. We went to a Missile display just outside the base. There were a lot of cool missiles to look at, well more than I can count! 

This was my first day at the Navy base and we already left to go to sightsee.
This was one of the jets that they had at the display.
Me and Grandpa are on the right.
This is my favourite missile so far. Each one has a different feature. Some are heat seeking and are used to shoot down enemy missiles before they hit their target. 
I got to sit on a WW2 Flak gun. They were used for shooting down planes.
This is an F14 Tom Cat. It’s a supersonic fighter jet. I haven’t seen the movie TopGun but apparently this is the plane they used. 

Lastly, we carved a Halloween jack o lantern (pumpkin) and had s’mores, which are marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker melted together. They’re delicious.



1 comment: